- Office: 309 Alder Building
- Phone: (541) 346-0541
- Email: email@example.com
- Genre: Fiction
B.A., Binghamtom University; M.F.A., University of Arkansas; Ph.D., University of Tennessee. He’s taught creative writing at Stanford University, University of North Dakota (where he was also a guest editor for the North Dakota Quarterly), and the University of Tennessee.
Otis’ creative nonfiction, stories, and poems have been published in The Sun, The Missouri Review, The Alaska Quarterly Review, Barrow Street, Southern Indian Review and others. His work has been anthologized several times, twice in Best New American Voices: in 2003, edited by Joyce Carol Oates and in 2009, edited by Mary Gaitskill, and in Steve Eliott’s Politically Inspired Anthologies. He has also published essays in the Rumpus.net and reviews.
Honors & Awards
- Oregon Literary Fellowship in Creative Nonfiction (2015)
- MacDowell Colony Residency (2008)
- Jeffrey E. Smith Editor’s Prize, Missouri Review (2008)
- Margolis Prize in Creative Nonfiction (2001)
- Stegner Fellowship, Stanford University (2000)