- Office: 309 Alder Building
- Phone: (541) 346-0508
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Genre: Fiction
B.A., Yale University (Summa Cum Laude), M.F.A, New York University (her thesis film won a Student Academy Award), M.F.A., University of Oregon.
- The Stylist (HarperCollins, 2007)
- His Mother’s Son, which was translated into French and German, and is forthcoming in Italian (Harcourt, 2003)
Her short work has appeared in Arts and Letters, Narrative Magazine, The New York Post, and Portland Monthly, among others, and she has a selection in Now Write: Writing Exercises from Today’s Best Writers and Teachers (Tarcher Publications, 2006). Before turning to fiction Cai wrote for theater, film, and television. Two of her plays—Mergatroid and When Petulia Comes—were produced in New York theaters. She wrote for the TV show The Trials of Rosie O’Neill, and she has optioned numerous feature-length screenplays. She is at work on her fifth novel, Spuyten Dyvil.
Honors & Awards
- Ken Kesey Award for the Novel (2003)
- Mathew Thornton International Prize for Fiction
- Booksense and Literary Guild Selection for His Mother’s Son
Author website: http://caiemmons.com/