Give to CRWR!
The faculty and staff in the Creative Writing Program are committed to advancing the educational and scholarly mission of the university. However, limited financial resources restrict our ability to develop educational opportunities that benefit our students. Donations to the Program and Program-related funds allow us to provide a competitive education for our growing body of undergraduates and provide for our graduate students through Graduate Employment (teaching fellowships).
A few things that we do with your gifts
Your support helps us to do a wide variety of things both large and small. Here are some examples of what we have been doing with past and current donations:
- Continue to enhance our innovative programs.
- Host visiting writers in connection with our annual Reading Series.
- Provide Graduate Scholarships to support research, travel, and thesis writing.
Exceptionally generous friends of the program have created permanent endowments to support specific programs and initiatives. These include:
- The Miriam McFall Starlin Prize in Poetry – Graduate scholarship for a promising poet to provide the freedom to pursue writing in the summer between their first and second years in the MFA program.
- The Richard and Juliette Logsdon Award – Graduate scholarship for a program fiction writer (established as a compliment to the Starlin Poetry Prize).
- The Walter and Nancy Kidd Endowment – Provides support to both undergraduate and graduate students in our Kidd Tutorial Program–a yearlong sequence of courses for undergraduates in creative writing, intellectual inquiry, and craft-based research–through tuition scholarship and contest prizes.
Of course, the opportunity for more program and student support is always present, limited only by the imaginations and resources of our faculty and friends. We hope you will consider helping us change the lives of our program students by offering them the finest and most diverse educational opportunities possible.
There are a number of ways you can provide support:
- Contribute to an existing fund which helps support students as well as program activities.
- Talk with us about establishing new endowed funds which target a specific group or is designated for a specific purpose.
- Submit an unrestricted donation which can be directed toward emerging needs.
If you’d like to help, one good way is to make a donation to the program’s general fund. To make a contribution online, press the GIVE NOW button below where you will be redirected to the University of Oregon Foundation’s secure website:
Giving by Check
If you’d prefer to send a check, made payable to the University of Oregon Foundation, to:
University of Oregon Foundation
360 E 10th Avenue, Suite 202
Eugene OR 97401-3273
Phone: (541) 302-0300 | Fax: (541) 344-8079
If you would like your gift to support a specific activity, please include a note indicating your preference to ensure your donation is placed in the appropriate fund.